One of the cosplay original ideas I have is to build an ‘uber geek’ that combines different aspects of multiple fandoms. To that end, I have amassed the following items:
1. Lightsaber – a ForceFX replica of Luke’s lightsaber from Return of the Jedi
2. Comm Badge – a magnet pin replica of a comm badge from Star Trek: The Next Generation
3. Sonic Screwdriver – a decent replica, with lights and sounds, of the Other Doctor’s sonic screwdriver from The Day of the Doctor
4. Wand – a replica of Harry Potter’s wand from the popular book and movie series
5. Colonial Military dog tags – replicas of Colonel Saul Tigh’s dog tags from Battlestar Galactica
5. Ultra Ball – a foam replica of an ultra ball from Pokemon.
6. Diamond Sword – a foam replica of from the popular Minecraft game
7. 4 Star Dragonball – an acrylic replica from one of the best anime shows of all time, Dragonball & Dragonball Z
8. Cap’s Shield – an aluminum replica of Captain America’s shield that I plan to modify slightly
Today, I purchased an addition to the costume: a Jayne hat, from the cult classic Firefly. As you can see, I’m bridging quite the array of nerd cultures here. If you have any suggestions as to other items I could add to this, please let me know in the comments!
*I would like to say a few things about the links, and apologize for not having one for the Cap Shield. For the most part, I got these items for about the same price as listed on the links. Some of them even came from the exact link I’ve given above. However, when I bought the Col Tigh dog tags, they were not nearly that expensive.